ISKCON’s Festival Of India Function in Centre Island

No Comments

We went to Centre Island on July 19th in our car. My Bike and Helmet were kept in the truck and dad put a knot to the bike to secure. Dad told me and my grandmother to get down from the car after reaching Center Island Ferry place. Then he took my bike and helmet from the trunk and told me not to ride the bike and be good and stay with my grandmother. And told me to take care of his back pack. Then my dad and mom went and parked the car in a parking lot.

In the mean time we saw a pigeon and it had come to drink water and eat food then it flew away. Then after five minutes two birds came and one was black and heavy and the second one was black and thin and small.  They were beautiful to see and they played tag and sat for some time and left the place. Then we saw a puddle and a reflection of a building in the puddle.  After few minutes my mom and dad came and I ran to them.

Next we took the bike and put my helmet and rode the bike. We reached the place to buy the tickets for the ferry. We stood in the line for five minutes and got the tickets. Then I was told it is no biking zone, so I pushed the bike and reached the ferry and then we sat for a while with the bike and watched the ship sailing, then my dad told lets go upstairs and watch and guess what, I made a new friend when we went upstairs, it was a dog .I petted the dog and he licked my hand. After the ferry was stopped, I pushed the bike out and we reached the center island.

Next we went to Festival of India and it was Krishna’s tent and after coming there only we came to know what is going on there and what else to do. We saw the life cycle of a human. We are born as babies, then become child then a teenager and grow up to an adult and then become old and die and become a skeleton.

We went to buy tickets for the rides and my dad bought tickets and I was riding my bike all along the park. First ride was Swan ride and I and my dad worn life jackets and I loved the most because my dad was with me and he took me in a long route and soon it was time to come back We removed the life jackets and gave it to person there and I ran to my mom and she was holding my bike.

DSC_0632 DSC_0625

Then we dropped the bike with my grand mom and she was sitting in a bench. I, my mom and dad went to next ride and it was the fire station ride. I sat in the car and rang the bell  and ringing the bell means to say people that I’m coming and can you move please, and went two times in that ride. It was fun.

I rode my bike to the next ride it was a frog ladder ride. We have to wear a seat belt and it went up and down and sometimes stopped in the middle.  When it went up it was fun, but when it came down it was scary. We all shouted and finally it came to a stop. It was funny and scary ride.  My mom was holding my bike and waiting for me.

I rode my bike to the next ride which is the giant wheel ride. I sat on a ride and the person put a seat belt for me and a boy down of my seat screamed and his dad took him away then the Giant wheel started. It went up and when it came down it was scary and I shouted and the other thing amazing happened was when it was coming down it was higher than the trees. My dad was taking pictures of me. I saw a board saying Danger don’t rock the seat. But when it stopped my seat was rocking but I was giving poses for the photos. My dad was afraid that I may fall down and finally the giant wheel stopped. But as I was at the top I was waiting for the people at the bottom to get down then my seat came down and I ran down to my dad and mom. I rode my bike to the next ride. It was scary ferry ride, it was going in circles up and down and at different angles and I was the only one sitting in that ride and it was fun and scary.

After that my mom and gran mother were resting and my dad and I went to the other ride. I rode my bike. It was a Kitty boat ride and it was on water. We had a bell that said to the next boat excuse me; I’m coming can you please move. I rang the bell three times and it stopped.

I rode my bike to the next ride. It was a carousel .They had different kinds of animals. My dad was standing next to the horse and it took long time to start. After it started I was sad and my dad asked why. I told my dad because my horse was not jumping. Then he took me off my horse and put me on a jumping horse. I was happy and started to smile. After a while the ride stopped. We rode back to the place where mom and grandmother were sitting and we all again went to Krishna’s Tent. Mom and Dad stood in the line for Krishna Prasad (lunch) for us all and we finished our lunch that is served by ISCKON. Krishna Prasad tastes best always.


I rode my bike to Gopi dots tent. It was a big line and we stood for 30 minutes and finally I got the chance to get it and they put me and my mom a beautiful and pretty Gopi dots on the face. The colors were orange, pink, green, red and white, they showed me in a mirror and we were impressed. After that we visited the shops, yoga camp, dance and chanting shows and more tents of Festival of India. Then we all went and took some rest under a tree. After some time I was hungry so my mom and I went and got some water melon served by Krishna devotees and sat under big tree and ate.

Then I was riding my bike heading towards Franklin Park. We went over a bridge. Before that we saw a maze, so I stopped my bike and asked dad can we go and guess what dad told ‘YES’ and me and dad went to the maze and also played Hide and seek. On the way back I told dad that it is very hard maze, but said yes but when we went to aunt’s home in USA, they all went to a grownups scary corn maze and me, mom and aunty were at home only because I was not allowed He told in that maze people dress like ghosts and hide in the bushes and it have to do only at night and dark. The ghosts will be chasing us. Then I asked dad if it was real and he said yes. And finally we were out of the maze and I ran to my mom.

Took my bike and we all went to Franklin Park. In the Park we saw Franklin, Bear and Goose. When we reached the Goose area it was a big thunder storm and mom and grand mom sat in a shelter and we didn’t mind and climbed and rolled down a tree for fun. I made colorful turtle and its name was Franklin in the garden tent. It is very pretty and we were sitting in Franklin’s garden and we didn’t get drenched. We saw a plant maze and it was fun. After rain stopped, we saw Sam and Franklin and dad took a picture of me with them.

DSC_0641 DSC_0640DSC_0640 DSC_0641

Mom got some time to eat and drink and we finished that and rode my bike to the beach. We all kept our feet in the water and it was icy water and came back and sat for a while then dad took me for some extra bike ride.

Next we went to a park and played and then to water splash and played a lot more. Mom dried me with a towel and changed my dress and gave more snacks to eat.  We went all the way on the bike to the line for the ferry and it was a long line and finally we went inside the ferry. I left my bike with my mom and grandmother and went to the top floor of the ferry with my dad and read a board saying ‘Welcome to Centre Island’. I saw the ferry sailor, the ocean moving and kids blowing bubbles was fun. After some time we reached the shore back and got out of the ferry and didn’t ride my bike as it was a no biking zone. After 6 minutes we reached the place where I can ride my bike and rode my bike till the parking lot. On the way a saw, a lady sitting like a statue and she was pretty. After sitting in the car we looked around and we all were happy and said ‘Bye Centre Island’ and after a long drive we reached home. We all had a lot of fun.